“SINCE 1886” MEANS SOMETHING TO OUR ORGANIZATION—A TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE.
MassMutual Greater Philadelphia was established in 1886 and now serves over 39,000 clients1 with more than $1.56 billion in assets serviced2. We are headquartered in Bala Cynwyd, PA with offices throughout the region in Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania
We began as one of the first life insurance agencies for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) of Springfield, MA. During the first hundred years, we grew to become a premier general agency of MassMutual. Since 1951, our leadership has changed hands only three times. Gordon Miller, Ira Mogul, Tim Flanagan and now Harris Fishman have led great changes and innovations that advanced us and what we do for our clients.
Our strong agency values guide the way we run our business and keep us on track in many ways, from our dedication to clients to our search for qualified recruits.
- Culture We provide a professional environment offering unparalleled leadership within a culture fostering growth and success.
- Integrity We demonstrate integrity by our commitment to accountability, honesty and trust.
- Communication Open communication is fundamental to our relationship and success.
- Teamwork We cultivate and support teamwork through education, motivation and recognition.
Pivotal life events often occur without warning. At MassMutual Greater Philadelphia, we take great pride in knowing that we have helped our neighbors, friends, families and business owners make good decisions when it comes to being financially prepared for the unexpected. We put the needs of our clients first and hold the strong belief that doing business the right way leads to long-lasting relationships with the communities we serve.
- An insured, owner, or payer of a MassMutual policy or contract.
- As of December 31, 2015. Includes values of MassMutual and subsidiary insurance companies’ insurance and retirement products and investment products offered through MML Investors Services, LLC, a MassMutual subsidiary.
Our Measures of Community Value
Through 2017, MassMutual Greater Philadelphia has:
- over $8.6 billion of life insurance coverage in force1.
- paid over $29.8 million in life insurance benefits2 and $4.6 million in disability income insurance benefits (claims)3 to our clients.
- paid $18.3 million in dividends4 to MassMutual Greater Philadelphia clients who own eligible participating whole life policies with MassMutual.
- distributed $8.0 million in free5 life insurance to eligible families as part of MassMutual’s LifeBridgeSM Program.
1 Amount of individual life insurance in force at the end of the period related to products issued by Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company and its subsidiaries, C.M. Life Insurance Company and MML Bay State Life Insurance Company (12/31/2017).
2 Amount of individual life insurance claims paid during the period related to products issued by Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company and its subsidiaries, C.M. Life Insurance Company and MML Bay State Life Insurance Company (12/31/2017).
3 Amount of disability income insurance claims paid during the period related to products issued by Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (12/31/2017).
4 The amount of dividends to whole life policyholders in 2017.
5 MassMutual pays the premiums (12/31/2017).